Wednesday, September 30, 2009

EcoEarthMall Tries the Worx

EcoEarthMall Tries the Worx

Part of our lifestyle at EcoEarthMall.com is to 'go green' as much as possible, this includes reducing our greenhouse gas emissions. Rather than using a gas Trimmer and Edger, we suspected the battery operated Worx might be the answer. We bought the new cordless WORX GT 2-in-1 Trimmer/Edger two months ago after seeing the infomercial on TV.

The Worx? I love it! I couldn’t be happier with it. At first our sidewalks and driveway were a little over grown by tough St. Augustine grass runners and the trimmer is a little light for work that heavy. After doing the heavy trimming by hand it is now a breeze to come back with the WORX and give it a fresh cut and trim.

When switching users the Worx is highly adjustable to different body types and sizes. It weighs only 6 pounds and is light enough for anyone to use. It really does adjust with just a twist and pull, no tools are necessary when changing operators.

The Trimmer is light weight, easy to handle, adjust and switch modes to the Edger and back. As an Edger, it is a breeze to use. Cutting a straight line is not difficult at all. I have found that by working the edger back and forth a few inches at a time in heavier growth, it helps to give a cleaner, straighter cut.

The WORX 18v battery has enough power and strength to do my entire front and back yard on one charge. I did notice that after using, the battery may be warm. It needs to cool a bit before the charger will start the charging process. Still, it was nice not to have to run to the gas station, then mix gas and oil in a heavy trimmer like my old one.

The line feed works just fine and the manual release is very easy to use to lengthen the working line. It was great not having to 'bang it on the ground' to release line.

All in all, this tool is very easy to use, and adjusts to virtually any user. It does not overstrain or wear me out which is a very nice plus. Everything is just as advertised, it's lightweight, charges in 1 hour, is highly adjustable and the charge lasts through a lot of yard work. It performed above and beyond my expectations.

I think the WORX Combo Kit, found at: http://worxoutdoortools.com/ would be a fantastic deal with three yard tools, the Trimmer/Edger, Blower and Hedge Clipper that are included. Each tool uses the same battery. Unfortunately I didn’t see this when I made my purchase or I would have gone that route.

My future plans are to install a solar power panel on my shed and have a charging station for this and other batteries so that I can further cut my home energy use. My goal is to reduce my carbon footprint as much as possible and using the Worx is a great start. We plan to purchase their Hedge Trimmer, Blower and Lawn Mower. I will let you know how that goes as well.

For more information on energy efficiency visit http://www.ecoearthmall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment